yanbingqin-ihd@njpji.cn 025-66205178      


Modul school Nanjing

Academic office:Helen Yan

Tel:+86 025 66205178


Application information

Application Information 


What are the entry requirements?


MODUL School Nanjing offers two options to enter the bachelor program taught in English:


For the dual-degree program lasting 4 years


Prospective students have to pass the Chinese university entrance exam and get accepted and allocated to their preferred study program (major number = xxxxxxxx).


For the single-degree English-track lasting 3 years


Applicants have to submit their high school leaving certificate and a certificate about adequate English proficiency


For direct entry to our Bachelor degree programs, we usually require students from International Schools to have successfully completed their secondary education and hold a School Leaving Certificate/ High School Leaving Certificate

Admission to our Bachelor Program for Chinese nationals usually requires students to have successfully completed their secondary education: 12 years of education in China and attained the Secondary School Leaving Certificate

Applicants with an equivalent nationally recognized school leaving certificate are invited to apply and will be assessed on an individual basis.

We require math to be a part of any secondary school leaving certificate.


American program: 


The student must complete a High School Leaving Certificate with a minimum GPA score of 3.0. Additionally we require either:


• 4 APs (including math and a language) or


• SAT test result with minimum 1100 points (new test) or 1500 points (old test)


• ACT 6 courses min. 22 points


British program: 


The student must complete 3 A levels (GCE) or BTEC, including math and a language, to be eligible to apply to MODUL University Vienna.


Bachelor English Test Requirements:

All applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of their English proficiency level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages through one of the following tests taken within the last two years.

Exceptions may be granted by the Admissions Committee if an applicant has completed at least two years of secondary or higher education in the English language.


We accept:

TOEFL Internet-Based Test 76 points (preferred minimum of 22 points in writing).

IELTS band score 6.0 (no sub-score below 5.5 and a preferred minimum of 6.0 in writing). 

Cambridge Certificate (First Certificate in English preferred minimum grade B).

Other equivalent English proficiency tests will be assessed on an individual basis.


How can I apply?


For direct entry into the English-track program, please contact our Admission Office: Helen Yan (email: yanbingqin-ihd@njpji.cn)


What is the application deadline for the Fall semester?


For applicants without special visa requirements: July 31st 

For applicants with visa requirements: April 30th 


What is the language of instruction?


The language of instruction at MODUL School Nanjing is English. Students are not required to have any knowledge of Chinese language in order to apply.


Does MODUL School Nanjing accept transfer applications?


MODUL School Nanjing generally welcomes credit transfer applications. All applicants should note, however, that a maximum of 60 ECTS credits (equivalent to approximately one year of completed coursework) may be transferred.


After being admitted to the study program, future students are supposed to submit the credit transfer application to the Academic Office for review. Only completed applications will be reviewed so please do not forget to attach your relevant transcripts and course overviews (syllabi).


Transfer credit is granted on an individual basis and is not guaranteed.


Application Procedure


I do not have my e.g. TOEFL/IELTS test result yet. Can I already apply, or do I have to wait until I receive it?

You can already go ahead and apply! If accepted, we will offer you a ‘provisional acceptance’, which means that a place in the program is reserved for you. This place will become definite once you submit your certificate to us.


I do not have my Secondary School Leaving Certificate yet, as I will only graduate this year. Can I apply already?

You can already go ahead and apply! If accepted, we will offer you a ‘provisional acceptance’, which means that a place in the program is reserved for you. This place will become definite once you submit your certificate to us. You must submit your most up-to-date transcript with your application.


What is a Curriculum Vitae (CV)?

The CV should be a general summary of your personal, educational, and professional background. A typical CV will start off with a personal information section, including name, contact details, date of birth, citizenship, etc. This should be followed by a section containing information about your education, and a section on your professional background, including any voluntary work or internships. If you like, you can include a section on your personal interests and skills.


What is a Motivation Letter?

The letter of motivation is a very important part of your application, which will assist the university in learning about your goals and reasons for wanting to study the program of interest, as well as helping us to get an idea of who you are as an individual. Your letter of motivation must be written in English, and should be approximately one A4 sized typed page in length. Some points to consider are: educational and personal background, motivation for business/tourism studies, career plans, expectations etc.


Who should write my recommendations for my application?

Please provide 1 recommendation letter. For example, you may ask teachers, counselors or private instructors you have worked closely with while attending secondary school.


How can I prepare for my interview?

Completing your application for admission is the only preparation that you need for your interview with an Admissions Officer at MODUL University School Nanjing! We are primarily interested in learning more about your motivation and ambition to attend MSN. Please be prepared to elaborate on the personal information included in your application documents.


Do I have to travel to Vienna for the application interview?

If it is convenient, we prefer that you visit the university in person. However, we realize that for some of our applicants this may not be possible. In this case, we conduct video WeChat interviews.


How long do I have to wait to hear the outcome of my application and how will you inform me?

You will hear if your application has been successful usually within 10 days after your application interview. If admitted, you will receive notification and relevant documents by email.  If unsuccessful, all applicants will receive notification also by email.